People looking for homes for sale in close proximity to Downtown owe it to themselves to investigate Candler Park, named for a Coca-Cola magnate and the 55-acre greenspace located in that neighborhood that bears her name as well. Located just east of downtown, Candler Park’s population is just over 5,800 residents. The park itself boasts a golf course, swimming pool, fields for soccer and football, tennis and basketball courts and a playground. Candler Park is also home to its own historic district and MARTA services Candler Park with its own station. The aesthetics of Candler Park homes include a mix of Tudors, bungalows and new craftsman style houses. With plenty of nearby restaurants and pubs in the Five Points business district, PATH and a Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) station specifically for Candler Park, Emory University, the Ponce City Market and the Interstate, Candler Park is well connected to the rest of the city as well as being endowed with plenty to do.
The Candler Park Neighborhood Organization is a feature that brings many activities to the neighborhood and encourages plenty of community involvement. They host meetings regarding any number of community subjects such as zoning. They also provide movie nights, security patrol services and other community functions for residents.
Crime rates in Candler Park are among the best in the city. Those living in houses or rentals may take note of the available statistics when contemplating a move into this inner enclave. Some of the notable numbers based on incidents per 100,000 residents include:
- No murders or assaults reported
- 105 robberies (National average, 136)
- Burglaries – 297 ( National average, 500)
- Theft – 1 ,747 (National average, 2,043)
- Motor vehicle theft – 192 (National average, 284)
The real estate market for properties in Candler Park trend towards the pricier end of the spectrum. The population of just over 5,800 own more often than rent by a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent. The median price for rentals is just over $1000 a month and the median home value is just over $476,000. You can find homes for sale in Candler Park from under $200,000 to over $1 million.
The community demographics paint a picture of the sort of diversity found in this desirable Atlanta neighborhood. Approximately 42 percent of residents have a master’s degree while 38 percent hold a bachelor’s degree. Additional demographics include:
- Racial diversity
- 86 percent are white
- Five percent are African-American
- Hispanics comprise four percent
- Asians are three percent
- Males are 52 percent
- Females are 48 percent
- 24 percent are aged 25 – 34 years
- 17 percent are 35 – 44 years old
- 13 percent are 45 – 54 years old
- 12 percent are 55 – 64 years old
- Median Household income is $92,088
- 10 percent is less than $25,000
- 16 percent is $25 – $44,000
- 16 percent is $45 – $74,000
- 30 percent is $75 – $149,000
- 29 percent is $150,000+
As with any neighborhood, people eyeing Candler Park real estate are curious to know what the area has to offer in terms of shopping and dining as well as any attractions of note. Among some of the more notable eateries available to local residents include:
- Fox Bros. BBQ – Started by two brothers who transplanted themselves from Texas, this local BBQ joint offers Atlantans and visitors their succulent slow and low cooked meats since 2007. Their following and quality attract features on local news stations as well as cable channels such as The Food Network, The Weather Channel, TLC and even Fox News.
- The Wrecking Bar Brewpub – This Victorian-styled house turned brew pub opened in 2011 and offers some of the finest craft beers in the city. With an extensive list of spirits, cocktails, wine and cider to complement a focused menu with some succulent choices, there is something to suit every taste.
- Sotto Sotto – Only a mile from the heart of Candler Park, this famous Italian eatery is consistently ranked as one of Atlanta’s finest as well as one of the finest 20 Italian restaurants in the U.S. Frequented by celebrities, athletes and even a U.S. president, Sotto Sotto delivers the taste of Italy for looking.
- Candler Park Market – This is a large market offering exquisite groceries, organic produce, artisanal meats and cheeses and a variety of sundries and other items for the discerning shopper who enjoys keeping some of the finer things in their pantry.
There are many attractions close to Candler Park as well, such as Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves baseball team, the Georgia Aquarium, New World of Coca-Cola, the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the Fox Theater.
Schools available to those residing in Candler Park include Mary Lin Elementary, Inman Middle School and Henry W. Grady High School, which are all public institutions and part of the Atlanta Public School (APS) system. There are also several charter schools and private preparatory schools available to those wishing to enroll their children in private schools.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.