Capitol Gateway is a conveniently located neighborhood with homes that offer a beautiful view of the Capitol building’s golden leaf-plated dome. Residents have easy access to public transportation and live in close proximity to the well-known Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. With affordable properties for rent and for sale situated between the hubbub of downtown and a couple of different universities, you might just consider Capitol Gateway your next home.
The Capitol is less than a one-half-mile walk from the bulk of Capitol Gateway housing. The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) a great way to get around for those who live here. The red and gold train lines run from the north/northeast perimeter of Atlanta to the south through Downtown. These lines end at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport at the southernmost tip of the city. The closest MARTA station to Capitol Gateway is the Georgia State Station. Little Five Points Station and King Memorial Station are on either side, and all three stops are on the east to west/west to east blue and green trains.
Another option for transportation is a new trend that is catching on in Atlanta called Relay Bike Share. You can grab your share of the bike time at the Georgia State University Petit Science Center, City Hall, or at the Sweet Auburn Curb Market.
Over 85 percent of the residents live in rentals, so purchasing a home in this area is uncommon. However, if you are looking for a home for sale, the median home value of properties here is $99,500. The median monthly rent, on the other hand, is $805. These are both fairly low compared to other neighborhoods in Atlanta. Capitol Gateway is comprised mostly of apartments, but there are some townhomes and condos mixed in to offer residents a variety of choices for housing floorplans and options.
Along with its plentiful rental properties, Capitol Gateway is a viable location for students in the city because it does makes for a short commute to nearby colleges and offers low monthly rent payments. Schools located within walking distance, a short driving distance or easy transit commute include:
- Morehouse (2.3 miles)
- Clark Atlanta University School of Business Administration (2.8 miles)
- Ernest G. Welch School of Art and Design (0.8 to 1.3 miles)
- Spelman College (2.3 miles)
- Georgia Tech (2.5 miles)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College (4.6 miles)
- Georgia State University (0.8 miles)
The few families that live in this neighborhood (less than 10 percent of residents here are under 11 years of age) attend Atlanta Public Schools or private schools. Some of the options for public schools near Capitol Gateway include the following:
- Grady High School (9-12)
- Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School – Middle Campus (6-8)
- Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School – Elementary Campus (K-5)
- Inman Middle School (6-8)
Additionally, there are many green spaces in Atlanta where residents can enjoy recreation or picnicking. Below are three parks in the vicinity of Capitol Gateway that residents greatly enjoy spending time at.
- Capitol Gateway Park (0.2 miles)
- Grant Park (1.3 miles)
- Hurt Park and Streetcar access (0.8 miles)
- Centennial Olympic Park and Fountains (1.2 miles)
Shopping and dining are an important component of any socially advanced neighborhood. Capitol Gateway has a variety of fast food to enjoy. The restaurants below are all within walking distance of Capitol Gateway apartments in the neighborhood:
- Daddy D’z BBQ Joint (0.4 miles)
- Sweet Auburn Curb Market (0.9 miles)
- Nick’s Food To Go (0.4 miles)
- American Deli (0.4 miles)
- Alaydi’s Café (0.3 miles)
- Chick-fil-a (0.8 miles on the other side of I-85
With all these wonderful daytime attributes, this neighborhood would feel incomplete without a trendy nightlife to close out the day. The hot spots below represent a variety of environments to accommodate all the different personalities. Most of the local crowd alternates between these and other clubs in the area depending on the nightly theme and/or performers:
- Young Augustine’s (0.5 miles) – Monday is Dart Night; Tuesday is Trivia; Wednesday is Atlanta Bocce League Night; Thursday is Bike Night.
- Tin Lizzy’s Cantina (0.7 miles) – Open until 2:00 a.m. on weekend nights, and every Tuesday is Taco & Tequila Tuesday; this is a great place to go out on Cinco de Mayo.
- Republic Social House – Wings special on Monday; Taco Tuesday; Saturday Brunch; Sunday Funday.
- Masquerade – live music venue featuring a variety of bands that typically play a one-night show on one of the club’s three levels depending on the type of party it is.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.