Potential residents who are looking for real estate in the Atlanta area may be drawn to the affordable neighborhood of Wilson Mill Meadows, an attractive vicinity with a current population of around 1,795. Most homes in Wilson Mill Meadows are about 21 minutes from Downtown Atlanta and sit close to top-rated universities and popular attractions such as Six Flags Over Atlanta, the Fulton County Airport at Brown Field, Zoo Atlanta and more. Moreover, the suburbs of Wilson Mill Meadows are more diverse than many of its sister neighborhoods, as the neighborhood is the 75th-most diverse region in Atlanta. Additionally, crime rates in Wilson Mill Meadows are very low, as only 17 thefts, two burglaries and two robberies were reported in the past year.
Located west of the Atlanta Beltline and just outside of the perimeter, the neighborhood of Wilson Mill Meadows is filled with a variety of different housing styles. For instance, ranch homes dating back to the 1950s are popular styles in the area, as well as houses with split-level floor plans that were built in the 1970s or 1980s. While homes for sale in Wilson Mill Meadows are valued between $50,000 and $99,000, the median home value in the vicinity is just $75,700, which is less than half the national average. To further emphasize the affordability of the neighborhood, here is a quick view of the price distribution for available housing in Wilson Mill Meadows:
- 44 percent of residences are worth between $50,000 and $99,000.
- 27 percent of homes are worth less than $50,000.
- About 25 percent are worth between $100,000 and $199,000.
- Only four percent are worth more than $200,000.
In comparison, the median cost of rental homes in Wilson Mill Meadows is $1,264 per month, which is slightly above the national average. For example, 47 percent of rentals cost between $500 and $999 a month, while 53 percent of units cost between $1,000 and $1,499. The price difference between rental and purchased property costs explains why 62 percent of all homes in the neighborhood are owned, while only 38 percent of units are rented. In addition, not many apartments are available in the area, so most rental options are small houses.
Moreover, homes for sale or rent in Wilson Mill Meadows are close to many local schools, including top-rated learning centers such as:
- The Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, Elementary and Middle School Campuses – Both campuses have A-rankings and a student to teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
- Charles R. Drew Charter School – With programs in preschool, kindergarten and first through fifth grade, this public charter school has a student to teacher ratio of 13 to 1.
- The Kindezi school – As a public elementary school, the Kindezi School serves grades kindergarten through eight. Additionally, its student to teacher ratio is 7 to 1.
- KIPP Atlanta Collegiate – With public programs for grades nine through 12, this Atlanta-area high school has a student to teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
As for public transportation, most real estate in Wilson Mill Meadows is within close proximity to several local bus stops along the following streets:
- Boulder Park Drive Southwest
- Tarragon Way Southwest
- Waits Drive
- Wilson Mill Road Southwest
- Bakers Ferry Road Southwest
With help from the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), bus route 856 for Baker Hills/Wilson Mill Meadows regularly stops throughout the neighborhood. Additionally, intersecting MARTA rail stations include the Hamilton-E-Holmes station, which is the last location on the Blue Line. For those who do not live within walking distance to the station, there are 1,436 parking spaces are available for local commuters.
While MARTA provides residents with several modes of public transportation, Wilson Mill Meadows is not bikeable or walkable enough for residents to forgo having their own vehicles. Due to its limited biking infrastructure and walking paths, the neighborhood’s bike score is just 12 out of 100 and its walking score is only seven. Residents will find it much easier to run errands and visit the city with their own vehicle.
Those who own or rent properties in Wilson Mill Meadows can also enjoy local dining options such as:
- Mulan Asian Cuisine
- Meemees Diner
- By Grace Café
- Johnny’s New York Style Pizza
In addition to great dining options, weekend activities for residents may include seeing a movie at the AMC Parkway Pointe 15 or shopping for fresh produce at Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
Most homes in the neighborhood of Wilson Mill Meadows are also conveniently located near popular colleges and universities. For example, the following prestigious universities are relatively close by:
- Georgia State University is about 18 minutes away.
- The Georgia Institute of Technology is about a 22-minute drive, depending on traffic.
- Emory University is about 32 minutes away.
- Clark Atlanta University is just 17 minute minutes away.
Furthermore, real estate in Wilson Mill Meadows is occupied by residents of all ages, genders and education levels. For age, here are the percentage distributions for Wilson Mill residents:
- 28 percent of residents are younger than 17 years of age.
- 21 percent are between 45 and 54 years of age.
- About 14 percent of residents are between 35 and 44 years of age.
- 10 percent are millennials between 18 and 24 years of age.
- 10 percent of residents are 65 years of age or older.
In Georgia state, Wilson Mill Meadows is more diverse than many of its surrounding neighborhoods, as 84 percent of residents are African American, 13 percent are Hispanic and three percent are white. Additionally, 53 percent of residents are female while 47 percent are male.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.