Polar Rock Rentals & Homes for Sale

 

Those looking for homes for sale or a rental situated in an Atlanta neighborhood with a more suburban feel to it may be interested in Polar Rock. Nestled halfway between downtown and the airport, you can find apartments or houses to suit your needs at prices well below many other parts of the city. While Polar Rock boasts easy access to the Interstate Highway system and some major thoroughfares, it is a car-dependent neighborhood. This is not a very walkable locale, and the biking infrastructure leaves much to be desired.

Polar Rock Rentals & Homes For Sale
The Demographics of Polar Rock are Comprised of its 2,057 Residents

Whether in the market for rentals or purchasing homes for sale, Polar Rock can deliver quite a bit of value for your money, in terms of how much property you can get in exchange for your money. Fully, 80 percent of Polar Rock’s residents are renters, while the other 20 percent own their homes. The median value of homes in this neighborhood is $87,600, nearly under $100k than the national median of $184,700. Fifty-six percent of the properties in this neighborhood are valued at under $50k. Twenty-five percent have values of between $100,000 and $199,000. Those dwellings between $50,000 and $99,000 and over $750,000 in value are both 7 percent of all available inventories. The final 5 percent fall into the $200,000 to $399,000 bracket.

The median price for a rental is $772 per month, or about $130 per month less than the national median. Sixty-nine percent of the units in Polar Rock cost between $500 a month and 999 per month. Twenty-two percent fall into the $1000 a month and 1,499 per month category, while those under $500 per month and those between $1,500 and $1,999 represent 5 percent and 4 percent, respectively.

 

The demographics of Polar Rock are comprised of its 2,057 residents, 58 percent of whom are female. African-Americans make up 94 percent of the population, while Caucasians are 5 percent. Thirty-seven percent of those living in homes in Polar Rock have some college or an Associate’s degree. Twenty-nine percent have a high school education, and 26 percent did not finish high school. Those with a master’s or a bachelor’s degree constitute only 2 percent, and 7 percent of the people, respectively. The distribution by age group is more evenly spread than in many neighborhoods, and includes the following figures:

  • 17 percent are 10 to 17 years old
  • 16 percent are under the age of 10
  • 14 percent are 18 to 24 years of age
  • 13 percent are 55 to 64 years old
  • 12 percent are 25 to 34 years old
  • 11 percent are 45 to 54 years of age
  • 10 percent are 35 to 44 years old
  • 7 percent are over the age of 65

The median income for people living in homes and apartments in Polar Rock is $19,279, far below the national median of $55,322. Income brackets in Polar Rock look like this:

  • 56 percent make less than $25,000 per year
  • 23 percent make $25,000 and $44,000 per year
  • 16 percent make $45,000 to $74,000 per year
  • 4 percent make $75,000 to $149,000 per year
  • 1 percent makes over $150,000 per year

 

When shopping for real estate in any neighborhood, that neighborhood’s safety and crime rate are of particular concern. Polar Rock rates slightly above average based on crimes reported per 100,000 residents. The breakdown in violent and property crimes reported in Polar Rock are:

  • Violent crimes:
    • Assault: 374 per 100,000 residents; 283 is the national average.
    • Murder: 0; 6 is the national average.
    • Robbery: 42; 136 is the national average.
  • Property crimes:
    • Burglary: 416; 500 is the national average.
    • Theft: 623; 2,043 is the national average.
    • Motor vehicle theft: 166; 284 is the national average.

Those who make their homes in Polar Rock may be disappointed by the lack of dining, shopping and attractions available to them. Anyone wishing to dine out must seek restaurants in nearby neighborhoods, and without great public transportation servicing Polar Rock, a car is a necessity. However, some of the options nearby include:

  • City Garden Chinese Restaurant – This is a typical American-style Chinese restaurant that offers an extensive menu of all the usual entrees, appetizers and side dishes people expect. They also offer lunch specials.
  • Checker’s – This well-known, drive-thru, fast-food burger joint puts its own twist on an American classic.
  • Oz Pizza – For those willing to venture a little bit further from their homes, Oz Pizza is a local chain that offers a variety of pizzas and specialties such as calzones, meatballs subs and salads.

Those inhabiting homes and apartments in Polar Rock have several middle schools and elementary schools servicing the area’s children. Once they complete primary education, children matriculate to Crim High School.


Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.