Peyton Forest Rentals & Homes for Sale

 

If you are interested in finding cheap rentals in Atlanta, consider looking into the Peyton Forest neighborhood. Tucked away on the west side of the city, you can also find homes for sale at prices far below the typical median price of houses in other parts of Atlanta. In addition to the availability of a variety of types of homes, Peyton Forest is one of the safer neighborhoods in the entire city.

Peyton Forest Rentals & Homes For Sale
Peyton Forest is a Very Quiet and Peaceful Neighborhood

The demographics of this neighborhood of just under 2,800 people on the west side near the western edge of the city are less diverse than in other areas in which one might choose to live. Fully, 87 percent of the people living in Peyton Forest are African-American, while the remaining 13 percent are of Hispanic origin. Gender is also skewed, with 65 percent of the residents being female. Forty-six percent of those living in properties located in Peyton Forest have high school diplomas, or an equivalent, while 31 percent did not finish high school. Only 18 percent have some college or an associate degree, while those with a master’s or bachelor’s make up 3 percent and 2 percent, respectively. There is a fairly even distribution among age groups:

  • 55 to 64 years old: 18 percent
  • Under the age of 10 years old: 14 percent
  • 10 to 17 years old: 14 percent
  • 25 to 34 years old: 13 percent
  • Over 65 years old: 12 percent
  • 35 to 44 years old: 11 percent
  • 45 to 54 years old: 11 percent
  • 18 to 24 years old: 8 percent

The median household income in Peyton Forest is significantly lower than the national median income at $15,134, compared to $55,322. Seventy-six percent of residents, whether in homes or apartments, have incomes less than $25,000. Only 13 percent make between $25,000 and $44,000, 10 percent between $45,000 and $74,000 and the remaining 1 percent falls into the $75,000 to $149,000 earnings category.

 

The neighborhood is distinctly urban, and the homes for sale range from single family, to multifamily, with plenty of apartment complexes from which to choose, as well. The median price for a home in this area is $120,800, which is significantly below the national median of $184,700. The median price of a rental in Peyton Forest is $592 monthly, also well below the national median of $949. Fifty-one percent of the houses are valued at between $100,000 to $199,000, 27 percent are under $50,000 and 13 percent cost between $50,000 and $99,000. Only nine percent fall into the bracket of $200,000 to $399,000. For rentals, 50 percent of the available market costs $500 a month, or less. Thirty-five percent falls into the $500 to $999 price range and the remaining 15 percent costs between $1000 a month to 1,499 per month.

With regard to crime and safety, those seeking real estate can rest easy, as Peyton Forest receives noticeably good marks. No recent assaults, murders or robberies have been reported. Property crimes are all well below the national averages, with burglaries only 264 per 100,000 residents (versus the national average of 500 per 100,000), thefts 226 (national average 2,043) and motor vehicle thefts only 75 (284).

 

Those living in properties in Peyton Forest fall under the Atlanta Public School system. High-rated Peyton Forest Elementary School and Young Middle School serve students until they graduate, and go on to Mays High School. There are also several private and charter schools available to residents.

Peyton Forest is a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood with plenty of green space and low crime. It does not offer much in the way of shopping, dining out or nightlife. If those things are essential when looking to buy or rent real estate you may fare better in other Atlanta neighborhoods. There are some casual and fast-food dining options, however, including:

  • Hong Kong City – This is a casual Chinese restaurant that offers an extensive menu for patrons wishing to dine on Asian cuisine.
  • McDonald’s – The iconic all-American burger joint has a Peyton Forest location available for those who want to eat the classic burger and fries.
  • Wendy’s – One of the big burger competitors, Wendy’s offers more fast-food fare.
  • Subway – For those who want sandwiches or salads, and prefer cold meats or hot subs, Subway has a location in the Peyton Forest neighborhood.

Those living in houses and apartments in Peyton Forest rely on using cars to get around more so than in many other neighborhoods in Atlanta. There are no major public transportation options, and very little infrastructure for bicycles.


Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.